Monday, August 1, 2016

Three-Day Quote Challenge: Day Three

     I have spent most of my day considering humanity so far. Because the very nature of humanity without Christ is such a bleeding, raw mess.
     Hurt people hurt people who hurt people, who, in turn, create more hurt people, and it goes on and on and on. There are so many different kinds of wounded hearts, shattered souls, broken people.
     There are the bitter, there are the violent, there are the hateful, there are the pitiful, there are the pained. Everyone who exists on their own is in pain, whether they acknowledge the ache in themselves or not. You cannot make the truth go away merely by saying it doesn't exist.
     I'm watching a movie right now, and it's practically drenched in these things. Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close.
     It's the story of a young boy living in New York, whose father dies in the World Trade Center on 9/11. After his dad dies, he's broken and upset, completely unwound by the fact that this--the death of his father--makes no sense.
     He lashes out at everyone. He is hurt, so he hurts others.
     It's heartbreaking.
     But, if you wanted recommendations for sad movies focused on the depressing side of the human mind, I totally suggest you watch it. It's a good movie, it's just very sad.

     Anyway. I'm afraid I went off on a rabbit trail and completely abandoned the purpose of this post.

     Up, up, and away, here is/are the quote(s) of the day:




(All quotes taken from The Book Thief by Markus Zusak.)

     It's one of my favorite books of all time--how was I supposed to choose just one? (Four suits me better.)

     Now, to nominate people, even if they've already been nominated by someone else. =P 

  1. Mae, from a Touch of Euphoria! Thanks to her, again, for nominating me in the first place. =) Her blog design is as gorgeous as her posts are, and just as classy. She's a truly classy person, and her quotes for this challenge have been even better than mine. 
  2. Katie and Sarah from Sister Projects! These two are the coolest, and their blog is almost as cool as they are. They post book reviews, reading list suggestions, recipes, and just all-around awesomeness. 
  3. Remi from On Our Wings! She is one of the sweetest people you will ever meet, first off. Second, her blog is awesome. It's packed full of humor, useful information, and even better--both at the same time! =D
     Note, to the nominees, now and in the earlier challenge posts: I love you guys! If you've already been nominated, or if you nominated me, this nomination is more of a thank-you, a gesture of friendship. It means that you're awesome enough to be nominated twice, because I believe that you are fantastic. (And you do not have to do the challenge again because I nominated you--it's just to show that I'm thinking about you. ^-^)

     Note, to the readers: Happy reading! Have fun! =D (And good luck with your own blogs, if you have one. If you post the link to your blog in the comments, I will definitely check it out.)

     ~Alyssa

1 comment:

  1. Hello Alyssa!
    I've nominated you once again, a writing related blog award. If you want to do it, I look forward to it!

    -Dreamer

    ReplyDelete