Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Beginnings: The Lovely Kind

   This is me right now:
  • I have no idea what I am doing. I have a very sparse plan. 
  • In my mind, I'm running back and forth between 'Bring it on!' and 'HIDE ME.'
  • And, I have enough hot air to run the Hot Air Balloon Fiesta in Albuquerque hope to move a mountain. 
   Firstly, I'm Alyssa. I'm here to help anyone who wants help with writing or drawing, and perhaps make some friends along the way!
   Secondly, I am an aspiring author working to build up a following of some kind so that I can have an easier time getting a publishing deal. It makes it much easier to get a deal if you already have a good, solid platform of followers, so that's what I'm working toward.  (This is something that I read in The Audience Revolution: The Smarter Way to Build a Business, Make a Difference, and Change the World, which is a very good book, that I highly recommend for go-getters or anyone aspiring to start a successful business.)
    Thirdly, the things that I'll post on will most likely vary a bit. I may end up posting a sample chapter or two of my novel(s) on here- along with writing tips, drawing tips, recipes for awesome cookies and baked yummies, and random awesomeness. In other words, "I am an adventurer into the world of things that don't involve much socializing.", and I'm excited to share all of that good stuff.
   I hope that I can make things clearer and easier- in writing and other things- and in that way be helpful. Being helpful is something that makes my day, and sharing knowledge is my absolute favorite thing to do.
   And with that...
   Here's to the beginning of something great!

   ~Alyssa

No comments:

Post a Comment